With over 20 years’ experience in Commercial Real Estate - including 16 as a Partner at Croftons - Bob is one of the region’s most experienced CRE practitioners, known for delivering innovative and commercially lucrative deals for private sector businesses, housing providers, and local authorities.
Heading up Croftons’ Commercial Real Estate Department, Bob has developed a reputation for doing things differently, with a proven track record of innovative deal structuring that always identifies and meets the commercial objectives of clients. Feedback from clients describes him as a “creative thinker”, “not your typical lawyer” and “commercial head first, lawyer second.”
Bob advises large property owners and occupiers and Registered Providers on the complexities of commercial developments including drafting commercial leases and lease extensions. He works with clients who are both landlords and tenants to help them manage their property portfolios and achieve a commercial outcome. Bob has also taken a leading role in supporting our housing clients to identify and maximise these benefits through, for example, reviewing commercial leases.
Bob qualified in 1996 and has been a partner at Croftons since 2000.
- Acting for a major Borough Council on the grant of numerous commercial leases to occupational tenants.
- Acting for a distribution company on its portfolio rationalisation programme following its acquisition of a competitor company, working closely as a team with 3rd party surveyors/agents around the country to devise and implement a cost-effective and deliverable plan.
- Advising a north west Registered Provider on lease re-gears and on the “sale” of its break option within a lease, utilising a deed of variation.
- Acting for a national retailer in respect of its ongoing lease renewal programme.
- Acting for substantial national investor clients on disposals of freehold and leasehold sites, both tenanted and untenanted.
- Acting on commercial sale and leaseback transactions for a national high street name.
- Acting for a north west development company upon the purchase of a former bleach works for subsequent development into a multi-unit light industrial estate – subsequently handling all of the leases of the 45 units, together with the associated property management documents (eg licences to assign/underlet/for works, rent review memoranda etc).
- Acting for national greetings card retailer in respect of its 800+ fascias, together with associated distribution centres.
- Acting for a major north west headquartered property company in respect of the grant of office leases and associated documents (agreements for lease/licences for works etc).