Claire works in Croftons’ industry-leading housing management team, supporting our housing clients on a range of anti-social behaviour, tenancy enforcement, and other housing management matters.
With widespread experience of investigating complaints, gathering evidence and preparing cases for court, Claire is a strong advocate who also advises clients on anti-social behaviour and wider housing management policies and procedures in order to help them secure efficient, effective and positive outcomes.
Claire has over 12 years’ experience in the housing sector and prior to joining Croftons she worked for Liverpool Mutual Homes’ in-house legal team leading their response to anti-social behaviour and developing effective, value for money housing management and community safety services. Through this direct experience of working in the housing and regeneration sector, Claire brings a thorough understanding of the many issues and challenges affecting social landlords and their tenants.
In 2013 Claire won the Liverpool Mayor and Councillors Award for Community Safety Work and has been a finalist in the SLCNG Awards and the 24-Housing Young Leaders Award.
- Drafting papers including a notice seeking possession for an RP in relation to a complex and long standing ASB/Housing Management case, using the new “nuisance to landlord” grounds.
- Drafting and reviewing a number of policies, procedures, process maps to ensure that RP’s take all the necessary steps to protect themselves from legal challenges in relation to serious case reviews or domestic homicide reviews.
- Representing an RP at Court to successfully secure an access and ASB injunction against a tenant who had an ongoing disrepair claim. The tenant was obstructive in an attempt to build and grossly exaggerate the claim.
- Assisting an RP in a complex ASB case involving two homeless individuals who were violent towards each other. Represented the RP at Court and secured two injunctions, with power of arrest and exclusion orders and additional prohibitions to try and keep the two separated.
- Acting for a RP on an ASB injunction with a ‘positive requirement’ (to rehome a problem/aggressive dog). The injunction was breached and so a successful application for possession was made.
- Acting for RPs on complicated succession matters and Right to buy.
- Acting for an RP on a defended possession matter, involving vulnerabilities and mental health of the defendant to successfully obtain a possession order, money judgment for the outstanding amount and an order for the Defendant to pay the Claimants legal costs.