Rebecca works in Croftons’ industry-leading housing and leasehold management team, giving close legal support to our housing sector clients on a wide range of tenancy and leasehold-related matters including anti-social behaviour, tenancy enforcement, disrepair, debt/service charge recovery and forfeiture.
Prior to joining Croftons Rebecca was a trainee solicitor in the in-house legal team at Rochdale Boroughwide Housing, so she has direct experience of working in the housing and regeneration sector and a thorough understanding of the many issues and challenges affecting social landlords and their tenants and leaseholders.
Rebecca gained a 1st in Law from Huddersfield University and after completing her LPC she began her training contract in 2015 and is due to become a qualified solicitor in April 2017. Rebecca also has a master’s degree in Law and completed her dissertation on the implications of the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014.
- Acted for an RP in defending a claim for encroachment on land following development of their affordable housing scheme. Advice was given on how to effectively defend this matter as well as managing a self-represented claimant.
- Acted for an RP on a defended trespass matter to successfully obtain a possession order, money judgment for the outstanding amount on the use and occupation account as well as obtain an order for the Defendant to pay the Claimants legal costs.
- Produced for an RP a process map and training on how to effectively manage and prevent disrepair claims.
- Acted for an RP on successfully negotiating an early settlement on a disrepair matter where liability was admitted. The compensation amount was kept to a minimum following a detailed quantum assessment.
- Acted for various RPs in successfully using injunctive proceedings (ASB and access) in order to bring disrepair claims to a conclusion.
- Acted for an RP in successfully negotiating the reduction of a solicitor’s bill of costs by approximately 40% following the settlement of a disrepair claim. This was done without the need for instruction of a costs draftsman.
- Acted for an RP to successfully obtain a without notice injunction with an exclusion order in three separate vicinities across the RPs vast amount of housing stock. This injunction was obtained against a person with no fixed abode.