Apprentice - Business Admin / Customer Service
Job Ref: CRS0059
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits
We are seeking an Apprentice to support our Receptionist/Administrator. We invite applications from GCSE school leavers or those with some prior working experience who are seeking their next step of progression.
We are offering an apprenticeship in either NVQ Level 2 Business Administration or Customer Service. We are seeking candidates with 5 x GCSEs grade C or above (or equivalent), including English Language and Maths. The successful candidate will spend 80% of the working week working on client matters and 20% on training and development, with the format to be agreed and dependent upon college choice.
The role includes:
- Assisting with front of house duties including greeting visitors, answering and directing calls, servicing meeting rooms.
- Assisting with office duties including, opening new matters on the system, taking cheques to the bank, collecting and delivering of DX, hand deliveries, scanning/photocopying, opening post, and franking the post.
- Maintaining legal accounting software for client and office ledger postings such as sales invoices, purchase invoices, receipts, payments, time sheets etc.
- Maintaining offline accounting records to ensure SRA compliance.
- Writing cheques and liaising internally to ensure they are signed and sent out in the post.
- Assisting with credit control duties including chasing payment by phone and email and dealing with customer queries.
Croftons Solicitors is a niche property, housing and regeneration, and charity team of lawyers based in the centre of Manchester. Our total team of almost 50 is all on one site, providing joined up thinking across our teams for clients. We have a clear vision to become a leading provider of legal services, with a full legal offering, to the housing and regeneration sector.
The successful applicant will be numerate, accurate, methodical and able to show initiative. The ability to work to strict deadlines, demonstrate good organisational skills, have a knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and high attention to detail are essential.
You must be able to take responsibility for your own duties and perform them to the very highest standard. You will work as part of a team and you will be expected to be helpful, have a can do attitude, and be flexible.
To apply online please click on the link below.
Tips for your application
It is essential that you include details in your application of your GCSE grades or equivalent (if not yet available, expected results), any work experience, and why you are interested in working in a law firm.
Please also include some additional information about yourself that you believe helps describe you and makes your application interesting. This may include your interests/hobbies, any unusual experiences, how others describe you, how you have dealt with a challenging situation etc.