Bhaven is an Associate Solicitor in the Commercial Real Estate Team, having cross-qualified after previously being a Chartered Legal Executive Lawyer. Bhaven joined Croftons from the Real Estate Team of international law firm Addleshaw Goddard.
Bhaven has over 7 years’ experience in dealing with general landlord and tenant matters, having acted on behalf one of the world’s largest institutional investment fund landlords and on behalf of a large household name retail tenant at his previous firms, as well as having worked in-house as the lead commercial property lawyer for a budget retailer.
Presently, Bhaven acts for a variety of clients on new lettings, telecoms and property management matters. Bhaven is also experienced in dealing with acquisitions and disposals, secured lending and corporate support matters.
- Landlord and Tenant
- Acquisitions and Disposals
- Secured Lending
- Corporate Support
Bhaven specialises in commercial real estate telecoms matters, particularly acting for landowners but also acting for tenants wanting to install telecommunications apparatus at their premises. Bhaven advises on documents relating to the installation of electronic communications equipment including:
- Rooftop leases
- Greenfield site leases
- Acting for a housing association client on the negotiation of heads of terms for a new Code telecoms agreement within a site compound on its property, securing increases in the site and compensation payments and then going on to negotiate and complete the agreement.
- Acting for a housing association client on the negotiation of heads of terms for a new Code rooftop telecoms agreement on its property, securing significant increases in the site and compensation payments.
- Negotiating and completing property portfolio wayleave agreements with several operators for a large housing association client.
- Acting for a local authority in drafting and negotiating a precedent lease for electric car charging facilities in its car parks.
- Acting for a housing association client in negotiating and completing a lease for its new head office.
- Acting for an up-and-coming coffee shop in negotiating and completing leases for its new stores, as well as for its new head office.
- Acting for a leading digital marketing agency in negotiating and completing its office leases.
- Acting for a charity client in negotiating and completing its shop leases as well as dealing with disposals of some of its shop premises.
- Acting for a housing association client in the acquisition of a building subject to occupational leases.
- Providing heads of terms training to housing association clients.
- Acting for a landowner against Arqiva in successfully defeating an attempt to assert new Code rights on assignment of an old Code lease.
2011 (Chartered Legal Executive Lawyer)
Law - LLB (Hons) Exempting, Northumbria University