Josh is a solicitor in our housing and regeneration team who advises our housing sector clients on a wide range of property-related transactions.
He handles his own case load of property acquisitions and sales (including void sales), shared ownership set up/sales/staircasing, assignments, RTB/RTA and sales of surplus land as well as acting for various faith-based charities, drafting trust deeds to give effect to on-going changes within the trusts amongst other matters. Josh is often the first port of call for many RP clients who have queries about their property transactions.
Josh also assists our senior team on land/site acquisitions, S106 agreements, charging/securitisation work and complex regeneration schemes, and also provides support across our wider housing team in areas including housing management.
Josh joined Croftons in 2015. After obtaining an LL.B from Manchester Metropolitan University, he completed the Legal Practice Course at BPP University.
In addition, Josh contributes to the social housing teams’ business development and is a familiar face at Croftons’ seminar and networking events.
- Acted for a group of RPs as they collectively worked together and with the local council to acquire four development sites by way of new leases from the local council. The four sites will be developed as specialist housing for those with learning disabilities. Combined land/build value of the sites - £5m+
- Acted for a RP on their purchase of 10 affordable homes subject to a S106 agreement. The acquisition was conditional on a variation to the S106 agreement to ensure that the homes may be delivered as intermediate housing.
- Acted for a RP on a £5m facility stock charging exercise on 100 street properties. Advised on insurance based solutions due to numerous good leasehold titles and agreed with the council to limit searches to save costs.
- Acted for a RP on their portfolio purchase of 19 residential properties from another RP. Also acted for a different RP on a portfolio purchase of 14 properties from the local council.
- Acted for a local church in their monumental purchase of their church building from another church, following mass funding from their congregation.
- Acted for a RP on their sale of a former care home following its closure in October 2015 when the scheme became economically unviable following the loss of Supporting People funding. Liaised with the local council to deal with a complex restriction on the title relating to use of the property and the process to be followed upon sale. The proceeds of the sale will help fund other Affordable Housing Development within the area.
- Acted for numerous charitable trusts, drafting and preparing trust deeds to effect ongoing changes within the trusts.
- Acted for a RP on their purchase of a piece of land following a court order. The contentious matter was resolved promptly and in accordance with the order, completing the purchase within 2 weeks of receiving instructions.